Friday 29 February 2008

Big hair


Having waited around for the BP* "lucky chair" big hair, it took me a while to work out what to wear with it. I thought that a low-cut glittery mini dress that I'd just picked up as a freebie at Pixeldolls would be good, but in the end I just felt the combo was a bit too sluttish.

In the end I found this dress from bijou in my inventory: I think it was a freebie at Christmas time, though unfortunately they don't seem to have any freebies up for grabs in the store now. I decided to go for an elegant/boho look. The leggings and boots weren't freebies, though for the leggings you could substitute the free GLAM tintable stockings I (and everyone) have blogged before.

The Helios necklace set is very striking and still available for free. I spent ages combing my inventory for the right bag, and to my surprise ended up with this one from the "Jill" box, that box of stuff for newbies that you can pick up at Calla and at many locations round the grid. It was mod, so I tinted the decorations to tone with the boots and the handle to tone with the dress. I could have changed the basic texture, but liked the straw look as it chimed in with the bangle and the general boho element.

I wanted a setting for some of the photos, so I went to the "British Invasion" exhibition in Infotainment island's Museum of Music.


Bettiepage Voyager Big Bomb Hair (lucky chair): BP*, Osaka (154,147,21)
Poison dress (gold): bijou, Takaraduka (170, 162, 33)
Glam rock leggings (gold) from Glam rock in Pink (for Susan Komen): Punch Drunk, Mischief (197, 169, 23)
Necklace and earrings, Helios for Her (in a Box marked "Free" high on a shelf): Schadenfreude, Juicy (176, 176, 24)
Boho bracelet: Caroline's Jewelry, Lo Lo (103, 232, 23) These no longer freebies, but are still quite reasonable at 50 Linden; there were also some nice wooden bangles for 30 Linden.
Classy Bag from the free "Jill" box: at Calla and other places round the grid.
Another Fundraiser skin "Passion": Nuclear Boutique
Tainted Spring boots in gold (worn without the legging parts): Fuel, Arias Requiem (142, 54, 307)

No comments: