Tuesday 6 November 2007

The charm of the kimono

The kimono is a lovely garment that can take you through many occasions, from relaxing at home, to picnics, to more formal gatherings. You can pick up two female kimono in the Japanese sim Gion. Just search for Gion on the map, teleport in, and there is a house with male and female kimono near the telport point.

You have to go a little futher into the sim to find the less elaborate garment (Yukata) that I'm wearing in the photos, but I'm sure you'll agree it's far too pretty to keep just for home.

It comes with animated fan and very attractive geta (sandals) that I've shown in close up as they are worth keeping in anyone's inventory and would go to spice up a casual beach outfit.

With a costume like this simplicity is the key so I have just accessorised it with a pair of simple yet classy earrings which I tracked down in the Innovations treasure hunt last month. These are now priced, but for free you might use one of the Miriel sets as mentioned before in this blog.


I am shown in my low-cost high-style rented slip in En Vogue, a lovely tranquil place for boating, or relaxing with a soothing cup of tea.

Kimono, fan, geta: Gion
Double Dangle diamond/silver earrings: *DG* Innovations, Innovations (94, 127, 31) (free from treasure hunt, now priced)

No comments: